Monday, October 14, 2013

Daily Exposure

The daily exposures everyday in class have begun to open my mind and expand my thoughts. Originally I would just write about what the author or artist was saying but now I am beginning to find myself connect with the piece. I can now see that even though some pieces seem positive, they can be pointing out some glaring issue. For example the "Jolly Postman" painting by Norman Rockwell shows a happy mailman surrounded by adoring children, but upon further examination it shows the decline of the relationship between postmen and the community. The daily exposures have also prompted me to think of what the lyrics of a song mean, instead of just listening to them. Also the daily exposures have made me appreciate the hard work that goes into poems and paintings and other forms of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment